Raikkonen ready to continue championship fight

Wednesday, April 23, 2008



Kimi Raikkonen will travel to Barcelona for this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix as the championship leader. Even though the Fin showed he and team-mate Felipe Massa are in good shape at Ferrari Raikkonen will not sit back and relax. He realises the competition will be extremely motivated to chase the Ferrari duo.

Looking ahead of the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix Raikkonen said: "I've raced many times in Barcelona and I have to say it is always a very challenging circuit. But this time it will be special. I'll come to Spain as the leader of the classification, while usually I was the chaser. If I can manage to keep all the others behind me in the race that would mean that I keep them also behind in the Championship.

"My approach is the usual one: giving 100%, just like the whole team. The situation can change very quickly in Formula One. That's why it's very important to collect as many points as possible in every single race: There's still a long way to go until the title.

"The team is in good shape. My participation in last week's tests has been quite limited, due to the rain. But that's not a problem. I think we'll have a good performance and we can be really competitive; at least the components are all there. It's going to be very close: all the teams have introduced updates ahead of the first European race, which makes it even more interesting. We have won the last two races and that might make our competitors even hungrier to win."









0 comments: