Heidfeld blames poor performance on traffic

Saturday, August 2, 2008


Nick Heidfeld was not amused with his fellow competitors on track. The German qualified himself in sixteenth position but according to the BMW Sauber driver he was hindered by his fellow racers on track in his final flying lap. 

Speaking about his qualifying session Heidfeld commented: "I'm totally disappointed. It looked quite good at the end of yesterday's practice and also this morning. But on my last lap in Q1 I had four cars in my way. Most of them at least tried to give me room, but it still cost me time. Towards the end of the lap I had one car in front which was on an out lap. He saw me and accelerated. He then overtook Sebastien Bourdais before the last corner, and then Sebastien was right in my way. I was hoping it was so obvious he would be penalised right away and I could still get into Q2."

0 comments: